Programs and Services
Pawmetto Lifeline’s new Meyer-Finlay Pet Adoption Center of Lexington and Richland Counties will offer the following facilities and services to our community:
• A spay/neuter clinic that will aggressively address the homeless pet population problem by greatly expanding this proven approach;
• Attractive, well-lighted, temperature-controlled and sound-proofed areas that will make both animals and people feel happy, safe and comfortable;
• Separate adoption rooms for dogs and cats, where prospective adopters can get to know the pets in comfort;
• Areas where pets may become acclimated to their environment, and where our staff can get to know the pet and its health and temperament;
• Classrooms for progressive programs of humane instruction, with hands-on educational offerings to teach young children how to nurture humane and responsible relationships with animals;
• A track and training area where volunteers will exercise pets and train them to be more adoptable, easing their transition into a new home.
• An Indoor Doggy Park where pet owners can bring their pets for exercise.
• Classes with the dual purpose of socializing homeless pets and offering the public training.