Need to give up a Pet?
If you have found a pet and have been unable to locate its owners or if you have a pet that that you can no longer care for, please contact Pawmetto Lifeline's Adoptions & Intake Department for help in finding it a new forever home. By working together, we can save a life!
Step 1: Contact the Adoptions & Intake Department at 803-465-9150 or email@example.com to set up an evaluation appointment.
Step 2: Collect all medical records for your pet and bring those to the appointment. If you can provide records for and/or have these services provided for your animal prior to contacting us, that will greatly increase our ability to accept the animal into our program or find another rescue who might be able to accept it.
Have pet spayed or neutered
Have your pet examined by a veterinarian
Make sure they are current on all appropriate vaccines
Test for heartworms and treat if positive (dogs)
Have FeLV/FIV combo test done on cats/kittens
Make sure they are up to date on flea & heartworm preventative
Make sure the pet is parasite and worm free
Prepare a personality profile and a history on your pet
Take pictures of your pet having fun to show off its personality
Have your pet professionally groomed
Step 3: Be prepared to partner with us or another rescue as we find a way to take this animal into our care. Working together may mean fostering or giving toward the cost of medical care for the animal that you want us to take. On average, Pawmetto Lifeline spends $335 per animal. An investment between $25 -$125 (depending on medical needs) could save their life - can you imagine a better investment?
While we know this may create a temporary inconvenience for you, by doing this, YOU will help save a life. Imagine what you would want if you were the homeless pet that you have encountered. Help us ensure a happy ending for the animal that needs our help by partnering with us. We can serve 35,000 animals in need this year, WITH YOUR HELP! Please be one of our LIFE ADVOCATES by taking the necessary steps to help us save the animal that you want to surrender to Pawmetto Lifeline.
Will You Choose To Do the Right Thing by the Life You Have Encountered??
- Did you know that Pawmetto Lifeline is completely dependent on the generosity of others to take care of the homeless pets that we receive?
- Did you know that there are over 19,000 homeless pets in the Midlands?
- Did you know that 14,000 of those pets die in the Midlands simply because they are homeless?
- Did you know that Pawmetto Lifeline gets no county, state or federal money for operational support?
- Did you know that Pawmetto Lifeline invested ONE MILLION DOLLARS to help build the Meyer Finlay Pet Adoption Center yet we own no part of the building? (It was that important to our leaders that we have a Center that could address the homeless pet epidemic.)
- We believe if we all work together we can help every animal that comes into our care.