- Part-Time Associate Veterinarian
- Care-A-Van Veterinary Assistant
- Director of Marketing & Communications
Please know we are ALWAYS in need of volunteer assistance. Learn more about volunteer opportunities
Part-Time Associate Veterinarian
Pawmetto Lifeline is seeking veterinarians who are interested in a balance with work and family. We are in search of a SC Licensed Veterinarian to work 20 hours within our Shelter and one weekend per month with our mobile vaccine clinic.
Our shelter veterinarians are responsible for providing leadership and direction for the medical and surgical care of shelter animals. The ideal candidate should be independent with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once in an efficient manner. The shelter veterinarian is committed to animal welfare and has a compelling need to make a difference in the lives of the animals as well as the humans he/she encounters.
Our mobile vaccine service is designed to provide pet owners with convenient access to low-cost vaccines and products to keep their dogs and cats healthy. Our service operates in various locations throughout South Carolina Friday through Sunday each week. Proceeds directly benefit Pawmetto Lifeline’s mission of saving the lives of homeless pets.
Candidates must hold a DVM license in the State of South Carolina. They must have a positive work ethic and rapport with staff and clients; a professional appearance at all times; good communication, customer service, and conflict resolution skills; good time management and decision making skills; basic computer skills; be detail-oriented and organized; be able to multitask; work independently and as part of a team; interpret an animal’s behavior and stress level; and lift and restrain animals. Candidates must also have knowledge of shelter facility design and operation; animal husbandry including housing, nutrition, sanitation, and disinfection; preventative medicine including vaccination; and infectious disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Competitive pay and benefits package to include two weeks paid vacation, holidays off and more. No on call hours required.
Please send your resume to Rebecca Finch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile Vaccine Clinic, Care-A-Van, is a true mobile vaccine service operated by Pawmetto Lifeline.
The Care-A-Van is designed to provide pet owners with convenient access to
low-cost vaccines and products to keep their dogs and cats healthy.
Our service operates on Friday, Saturday & Sundays in various locations throughout South Carolina.
All proceeds from the Care-A-Van supports Pawmetto Lifeline's life-saving mission. Pawmetto Lifeline is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit animal rescue organization solving pet overpopulation in the Midlands. There are over 13,800 homeless pets in the Midlands and over 6,100 are euthanized each year. Pawmetto Lifeline has a plan in place to correct this problem through four distinct initiatives: Adoption, Medical, Rescue Collaboration, and Education efforts.
Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to - assisting clients with paperwork, entering paperwork into our computer system, driving vans to locations, handling and restraining cats and dogs for vaccines and blood draws, assisting with setup and breakdown of sites, assist with stocking vans, talking to clients about services offered and explaining products, assisting Lead Coordinators and reporting to the Care-A-Van Administrator. If applicant does not have prior animal handling experience they will be required to participate in restraint training prior to being hired. The successful candidate must be available to work every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Work days can be up to 15 hours a day and the work is outside. Hours range from 20-35 hours per weekend.
Desired Qualifications: Associates Degree and two years of customer service experience. Applicants should be highly motivated with an interest in helping animals, veterinary experience is preferred, but outstanding applicants with any animal experience will be considered. Must be comfortable handling all breeds of cats and dogs, possess excellent people skills, be able to lift up to 50 pounds, withstand long hours standing and also be willing to work in all weather extremes. The successful candidate will be a problem-solver, possess a respectful and professional demeanor, be very organized and able to work fast under pressure. Must be available Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Rebecca Finch at email@example.com.
Pawmetto Lifeline’s Director of Marketing and Communications oversees
all planning and implementation of philanthropic and marketing strategies for
the organization under the supervision of the chief executive and policies set
forth by the Board of Directors. He/she, along with the
development/marketing/communications team, assesses, plans, develops,
implements and evaluates strategies, tactics, programs, policies, procedures
and budgets to meet the needs of Pawmetto Lifeline. He/she is a dynamic
spokesperson for Pawmetto Lifeline and creates a high community, regional and
national profile for the organization and successfully engages the community in
a wide spectrum of animal issues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoys and thrives on challenges
- Practices an open & inclusive management style
- Knows how to listen as well as lead
- Demonstrates vision and creativity
- Pursues innovative, latest technology and “best practice” models and procedures
- Is committed to the principles of nonprofit organizational governance and ethical fundraising
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Maintain and promote the brand, values, and mission of Pawmetto Lifeline
- Design and create ads and collateral material including: print, outdoor, radio, television, and online (logos, websites, graphics, emails, brochures, annual newsletter, annual calendar, etc.)
- Develop online and email marketing strategies for awareness and fundraising
- Create and implement social media plan and supervise online presence for all programs
- Launch and develop marketing strategies for new programs and services
- Assist with planning and managing logistics of major events and development campaigns
- Manage marketing budgets for organization, events, and programs
- Develop relationships with local media outlets, submit press releases, and request media appearances
- Responsible for running weekly, monthly and quarterly fundraising reports, or as requested in fundraising software
- Manages Website
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University graduate in business, marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
- Individual must possess a minimum of five years combined senior management and communications experience in an organization involving a significant number of people with diverse and varied interests and backgrounds.
- Experience must include strategic planning, communications planning and management, marketing and media relations.
Qualified candidates can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is commensurate with experience.